For many of us, our pets are an extension of our family. We enjoy their company and care for them each day. Consequently, when our pets aren’t feeling well, we want to ascertain the cause and fix the problem.
Most pets spend at least some time outside, running and playing in the grass and exploring the yard or park, dashing in and out of shrubs. This time for play and exercise is well-spent! However, spending time near bushes and in grass may also mean that pesky pests hitch a ride on your pet. Pests typically found in the warm Florida weather that may be annoying your pet include fleas, ticks, fire ants, bees and wasps, and mosquitoes.
Most of the time your pet encounters any of these pests, it’s when they are outside. So, there are a few things you can do to help your pets stay away from these pests!
- Check your pet daily for any signs of pests as noted above.
- Make sure your pet is up to date with all vaccinations and is taking appropriate medication to prevent heartworm and other preventable ailments.
- Vacuum your home regularly, especially in areas where your pet likes to be Remove any fallen fruit, trash, pet food, or animal waste that may attracts insects and other pests.
- Eliminate any standing water to reduce mosquito populations.
- Keep your grass short and keep any bushes or hedges properly trimmed and maintained.
If you are noticing signs of pests bothering your pet, talk with your veterinarian to treat your pet, and then contact a reputable pest control company to treat your home or property for pests. Contact Florida Pest Control Center (FPCC) to treat and remove pests.
For more information or for a free estimate, please visit us at Florida Pest Control Center (FPCC) or contact the Florida Pest Control Center (FPCC) at 954-945-5050 today. Florida Pest Control Center (FPCC) services are licensed, insured, and guaranteed.
Florida Pest Control Center (FPCC) employs comprehensive, state-of-the art technologies, chemical, and non-chemical treatments to eliminate pest problems in residential homes, businesses, hospitals, medical facilities, group homes, and apartment and condominium buildings. Our highly trained professionals provide a fast, complete solution to your ants, mosquitoes, termites, bed bugs, rodents, and other pest infestations.