In honor of the year’s spookiest holiday, check out a few scary facts about the bugs, insects and pests that are all around us.
- Spiders alternate their legs when walking. Spiders will keep four legs touching the ground and four legs off the ground and they are able to walk on both horizontal and vertical surfaces.
- Bed bugs checkout of hotels and can live with you in your home. Bed bugs can thrive in single-family homes, apartments, hospitals, college dorm rooms, office buildings, schools, buses, trains, movie theaters, retail stores and just about anywhere that humans are.
- Cockroaches can live without their head for a month. Yes, it is true for a particular species of cockroaches because they have an open circulatory system with little pressure, beheading will not result in a lot of blood loss and a lot of the functions of a roaches brain are decentralized.
- Scorpions can go a year without food. Scorpions have a leisurely approach to hunting, which mostly involves sitting and waiting, meaning they use very few nutrients.
- Houseflies either defecates or regurgitates when they land. Flies have a liquid diet, which means everything goes right through their tiny digestive systems.
- Bees have two stomachs. One stomach is for food and the other is to contain the nectar. This stops the honey the bee produces from being contaminated.
For many homeowners, just the thought of spider’s web in their living room or bed bugs nesting under the covers can turn their home a haunted one. The National Pest Management Association (NPMA) informs homeowners that the Fall months are typical pest infestations as insects and rodents are seeking shelter from the cooler weather that rolls in.
At Florida Pest Control Center we have specially trained and licensed pest control professionals that can provide the detection of the infestations, the treatment, as well as the prevention and extermination methods needed to eliminate these pests for good. Call us today at 954-945-5050
Florida Pest Control Center (FPCC) employs comprehensive, state-of-the art technologies, chemical, and non-chemical treatments to eliminate pest problems in residential homes, businesses, hospitals, medical facilities, group homes, and apartment and condominium buildings. Our highly trained professionals provide a fast, complete solution to your termites, ants, mosquitoes, termites, bed bugs, rodents, and other pest infestations.
Safe. We use the safest treatments available.
Easy. We make it as easy as we can on you and your family.
Effective. Our treatments will effectively remove bed bugs from your home.