Bug Facts That Creep You Out
The month of October celebrates the spookiest holiday – Halloween. The famous song goes… “They’re creepy and they’re kooky, mysterious and spooky, they’re all together ooky.” They’re…ants, spiders, cockroaches and other pests that surround us.
Checkout some chilling bug facts that can really creep you out. Zombie Ants: They do exist. The fungus Ophiocordyceps infects ants, essentially making them zombies. It takes over an ant’s central nervous systems and blocks signals from its brain.
- Wasps: Parent wasps feed meat to their young, mostly in the form of other insect larvae. Yuck.
- Ants: It is estimated that there are 1,000,000 ants for every person in the world.
- Fruit-fly: The female fruit fly lays 30 to 50 eggs per day during her life. Wow.
- Spiders: True fact – a spider uses hydraulic pressure to walk, pumping a liquid into its legs to extend them, like a terrifying, carnivorous machine.
- More on Spiders: They don’t actually chew their food, they liquify it outside of their bodies, pre-digesting it so they can suck it up and slurp it down.
- Cockroaches: Did you know – they like to eat callused skin, fingernails, and eyelashes. Grose.
- More on cockroaches: Cockroaches can live for an entire week without its head.
- Mosquitos: Did you know that of the 4,000 species of mosquito in existence, 100 of them carry and transmit human disease.
- Mosquitos Suck: Mosquitos will suck up to three times its weight in blood.
Forget the haunted house, for many homeowners, just the thought of spider’s web in their living room or bed bugs nesting under the covers can turn their home a haunted one. The National Pest Management Association (NPMA) informs homeowners that autumn is a typical season for pest infestations as insects and rodents are seeking shelter from the cooler weather that is rolling in.
At Florida Pest Control Center we have specially trained and licensed pest control professionals that can provide the detection of the infestations, the treatment, as well as the prevention and extermination methods needed to eliminate these pests for good. Call us today at 954-945-5050
Florida Pest Control Center (FPCC) employs comprehensive, state-of-the art technologies, chemical, and non-chemical treatments to eliminate pest problems in residential homes, businesses, hospitals, medical facilities, group homes, and apartment and condominium buildings. Our highly trained professionals provide a fast, complete solution to your termites, ants, mosquitoes, termites, bed bugs, rodents, and other pest infestations.
Safe. We use the safest treatments available.
Easy. We make it as easy as we can on you and your family.
Effective. Our treatments will effectively remove bed bugs from your home.
Florida Pest Control Center (FPCC)