Common South Florida summertime pests include:
- Mosquitoes: South Florida’s warm and humid climate provides an ideal breeding ground for mosquitoes. They are most active during dawn and dusk and can transmit diseases such as West Nile virus and Zika virus.
- Palmetto Bugs (American Cockroaches): These large, reddish-brown cockroaches are commonly found in South Florida. They can be a nuisance and may enter homes in search of food and water.
- Fire Ants: These aggressive ants are known for their painful bites. They create large colonies in lawns and can cause damage to plants and crops.
- No-see-ums (Sandflies): These tiny biting insects are prevalent in coastal areas of South Florida. Their bites can be itchy and irritating.
- Lovebugs: Lovebugs are small black flies with a distinctive red thorax. They are often seen in large swarms during the summer months and can be a nuisance, especially when they accumulate on vehicles and surfaces.
- Termites: South Florida’s warm and moist climate is conducive to termite activity. These destructive insects can cause significant damage to wooden structures if left untreated.
- Wasps and Bees: Several species of wasps and bees are found in South Florida. While they play a crucial role in pollination, some species can be aggressive and sting if provoked.
- Rats and Mice: These rodents are a common pest problem throughout the year, but their activity can increase during the summer. They can invade homes in search of food and shelter.
- Squirrels: South Florida is home to various squirrel species, including the invasive gray squirrel. They can cause damage to property and occasionally find their way into attics or crawl spaces.
- Snakes: South Florida has a diverse range of snake species, including venomous snakes like the Eastern Diamondback Rattlesnake and the Eastern Coral Snake. They are more active during the warmer months.
It’s important to take necessary precautions and employ pest control measures to minimize the impact of these pests. Consulting with local pest control professionals can provide further guidance on effective pest management strategies.
Florida Pest Control Center (FPCC)
Florida Pest Control Center (FPCC) is the pest terminator, the Florida expert in treating all types of pests. FPCC professionals analyze and evaluate each infestation to determine the most effective treatment.
Using the most advanced technologies to safely eliminate pests, FPCC pest control may recommend heat treatment, foam termiticide through pumps, liquid treatment through soil rods and injections, ground barriers, or a combination of these.
Florida Pest Control Center (FPCC) employs comprehensive, state-of-the art technologies, chemical, and non-chemical treatments to eliminate pest problems in residential homes, businesses, hospitals, medical facilities, group homes, and apartment and condominium buildings. Our highly trained professionals provide a fast, complete solution to your termites, ants, mosquitoes, termites, bed bugs, rodents, and other pest infestations.
Safe. We use the safest treatments available.
Easy. We make it as easy as we can on you and your family.
Effective. Our treatments will effectively remove bed bugs from your home.